Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chicken Nipples!

Google it! It's not as scary as it sounds, promise. After 3 weeks of cleaning shavings and poop out of our chick's water, I suddenly understood why people rave about chicken nipple watering systems.

I decided to fit a 5 gallon bucket with nipples to hang under the coop that John is building. In the winter, we will be able to drop in a tank heater and keep the water from freezing really easily.

I bought the nipples for $10 and already had the bucket. I drilled 3 holes in the bottom of the bucket with a 3/8" drill, inserted the grommets, pushed in the nipples, and drilled two air holes in the lid. Easy! Paisley and I tested it over the bathtub and then texted John in excitement of having successfully used a power tool! Yay!

















No comments:

Post a Comment