Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Play Dough

I found this great recipe from The Imagination Tree:
http://www.theimaginationtree.com/2012/04/best-ever-no-cook-play-dough-recipe.html?m=1

Here is the super easy recipe:
Mix together-
2 cups plain flour (all purpose)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
Add-
2 cups boiling water
Mix until it is a sticky dough and add color and flavor extracts. Knead until it turns into play dough!

Paisley and I spent about 10 minutes making the dough and eating our lunch at the same time. This was the most fascinating part of the process for her.

Once we mixed up the dough, I divided it into 4 bowls and added color and scent to each dough ball. Red was peppermint, yellow was lemon, blue was vanilla, and green was almond.

I kneaded them to combine once they were cool enough to handle. I had a blast making play dough, which is good because Paisley lost interest pretty quickly!

I hope to bring out the dough several times this week before it goes bad. Hopefully Paise will gain more interest as she experiences it more!










No comments:

Post a Comment