Monday, December 19, 2011

New/Old Dresser!

I have been working on refinishing a dresser for the last few months and I finally finished it!  

 Straight from the Habitat Re-Store


 Lightly sanded

It had busted tracks, which John replaced for me!

3 coats of spray-on primer (took 4 cans)

Hardware holes were filled with putty and sanded.  Drawers got one coat of primer.

Vintage drawer pulls from Etsy.  They are a sweet pink, my phone camera just couldn't do them justice!

New drawer slides.

Finished product! 

It is in the corner of Paisley's room and it is storing all of her diapers, in the top 3 drawers and her pants, socks and accessories in the bottom drawer.  

I did most of the work myself, John replaced the drawer tracks and drilled the holes for the new hardware.  The drawers are covered in fabric with about 5 coats of Mod Podge over them.  It was a simple process.  Paint on the Mod Podge, Lay on a piece of precut fabric, let dry, then add 5 coats of Mod Podge, allowing to dry between coats!  So easy!  

2 comments:

  1. Super cute makeover! I have a dresser in my garage waiting for a makeover. Im going to turn it into a dress up wardrobe. Thanks for coming by my blog!

    ReplyDelete